Now, the answer to the question that has your ear tufts in a tizzy:
How much money do I have to shell out?
First, let’s go over the process:
- Let me take a look at what you’d like edited, proofread, or written.
- I’ll give you an estimate of the projected length of time and cost.
- You pay me for half up front.
- When your project is finished, I’ll invoice you for the remaining amount.
- If I run through your initial payment and realize your project will take longer or be more expensive than originally anticipated, I’ll let you know.
The rates I charge are negotiable
The following are based on recommendations from the Writers’ Market and the Editorial Freelancers’ Association:
- $25-35/hour for copyediting & proofreading
- $35-50/hour for copywriting
Sound like a deal? It is. Particularly from a professional who will ensure you get good value for your money.
Forms of payment accepted:
PayPal*, personal check, cash, cashier’s check, or money order
*A 2.9% transaction fee may be charged if using a credit or debit card